Thursday, October 30, 2008

Working with Super Dad

Last weekend Jared took the kids to the church work day while I lazed around the house in my pajamas reading The Host. We all enjoyed our morning a lot. The kids love the apple trees in front of the church and apparently spent most of the morning there gorging themselves on apples, picking up rotten ones, raking leaves, and climbing the apple tree. I was afraid that Jared wouldn't be able to help much with the kids, but he said that he was still able to help some and as you can see, the kids did there best to pitch in too!

I sure am thankful for my wonderful husband. How many dads will take the kids on their own to a church work day and encourage thier wife to "just relax"! I needed it and it was so appreciated.

The kids are always in a frenzy when they see him in the evenings. They know that they're in for fun, excitement, and they'll probably learn something too. Ruby recently informed me that she doesn't learn much of anything from me (except maybe that she should pick up her toys!), but learns all kinds of neat things from Daddy. That makes me wonder a bit at my mothering, but makes me so thankful to have a husband who loves his family more than anything else.

Back to the great outdoors, the trees in our back yard still have most of their leaves, the raking session back there will likely come some time in November. I'm looking forward to it--I think that the kids will really have a blast playing in the leaves. I know I loved building up big piles of leaves and jumping in--often times from a low tree branch! Maybe I won't suggest that though. Having a kid in a cast is not on my wishlist.


I hope you are enjoying this beautiful season as much as we are and not suffering too much from these pesky cold viruses. Check back tomorrow for some Halloween fun.

2 comments:

Lesa said...

don't feel bad neither one of my kids learned anything from me either...in college the light bulb goes off and they realize maybe mom did teach me something....I did laugh at Ruby's words though, I can hear her saying this!

Tim said...

Ruby reminds me of a child I knew about 28 yrs ago. Jared is doing a great job as a dad but you're doing a great job as a mother and a wife. As Lesa said, your acknowledgement will come in about 18 to 20 yrs. Love the pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...