Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I've heard that there's one in every town, but I think these folks might take the cake! This house takes decorating to a startling new level for every imaginable holiday. Halloween has brought out dozens of inflatable decorations along with the lights, window decorations, etc. They actually share a driveway with their neighbors and now some of the decorations have started to spill into the neighbors yard. It's impressive.

The night that we pulled over to take this photo there were actually about a dozen people milling around the yard looking at all the decorations!! It was pretty funny. Hopefully we'll have our good camera with us tonight to get a better photo. Til then, this gives you an idea of the craziness. Jared has suggested that I start a new series tracking their decorations, so just you wait... Thanksgiving is just around the corner!


I'll close with a picture of the kids' jack-o-lanterns that we carved on Wednesday night! Predictably, Max LOVED the goo and Ruby refused to get her hands messy. What a girl.
Lastly, I found this poem/prayer yesterday and will definitely save it for next year. Enjoy!
Dear God,
As I carve my pumpkin help me say this prayer....
Open my mind so I can learn about you. (Cut the top of the pumpkin)
Take away all my sins and forgive me for the wrong things I do. (Clean out the inside)
Open my eyes so Your love I will see. (Cut the eyes out in the shape of a cross)
Open my ears so Your Word I will hear. (Cut the ears shaped like the Bible-rectangles)
Open my mouth so I can tell others You are near. (Cut the mouth)
Let Your light shine in all I say and do! (Place a candle inside and light it)
AMEN!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...