Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Banoffee Pie

I'm sorry that I have to keep putting these dessert recipes up, but really, there are so many delicious desserts out there it's hard to resist! Here's one that I learned about in Denmark from an American friend who had lived in the UK for quite a while. It's a bit unconventional, but absolutely delicious!! And, by the way, this time this is my own photo--notice it's not nearly as good!

Banoffee Pie

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
3 bananas, sliced
2 cups heavy whipping cream
  1. Mix crumbs to ginger. Press into a 9" pie plate. Cool in the refrigerator until ready to fill.
  2. In a sauce pan, boil the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk for THREE hours. Make sure to keep the can submerged in water by adding more water periodically. Remove the can from the pan and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
  3. Open the can and pout toffee into cooled pie crust. Allow to cool.
  4. Slice bananas over toffee.
  5. Whip 2 cups of cream with a bit of sugar and vanilla and spoon over the bananas. Refrigerate until serving.
  6. You may garnish the pie with cocoa, instant coffee granules, chocolate shavings or chocolate sauce. Any and all combinations are absolutely delicious!

By the way, I have to give a 'hurray!" because this is my 100th Nutty Nelson's post!! I can't believe it! Hope a few of you have enjoyed the last nine months as much as I have!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds fantastic. I had heard about boiling Eagle Brand to make "caramel" or "toffee", but have never tried it. Looks like it might be time to do it!.

And congratulations on your 100th post. I have enjoyed every line, every picture, and every comment for every single blog post you've done. You have a real talent with words and I'm so thankful you keep us "in touch" even though we're way too far away!

Momma K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...