Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Broccoli Salad

This salad is always, always, always a hit at any sort of gathering. There are lots of variations on this recipe out there, but this is our favorite. Oh, and for all those people that have been commenting on the photos, thank you, but I'm afraid I can't accept the compliment! All but one or two of the photos have been from various food websites. I just google my recipe and choose the picture that looks most like my version of the recipe!

Broccoli Salad

2 bunches of broccoli, cut into small florets
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 c. raisins or dried cherries
2 c. grapes, halved
1 1/2 c. celery, chopped
1 lb. bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1 c. sunflower seeds
1 c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. sugar
2 T. vinegar
  1. Mix the dressing ingredients in a large bowl, mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar.
  2. Gently toss salad ingredients, broccoli to sunflower seeds, to combine.
  3. Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

Lesa said...

I love this salad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...