Tuesday, February 12, 2008

with a honk, honk here!

... and a beep, beep there!

Well, after two plus years of no driving, watch out world, I'm back behind the wheel. Actually, I have been for a week or two now, but today was the first time that I headed out somewhere I'd never been before on my own with the kids. It went... okay. I will admit that I was honked at several times and drove like a grandma, but we made it!

Our first stop was to Michaels. They were having a frame sale and it was PERFECT timing as we just got a wonderful poster of Nyhavn from our friends, Allan and Jannie, in CPH. It really made me cry a bit when I opened it. It's JUST what we needed for our bare walls and a great piece of what feels like "home" right now. Anyhoo, I made it with only one slightly wrong turn which was remedied almost immediately. I also got a great $50 frame for $30. So, that was pretty awesome.

Next, I attempted to get us to this place called Bonkers that has an indoor toddler play area that's free. What a headache! I thought I was going to lose my mind before I found it. I didn't have directions (of course) and had brought the phone book to look up the address and phone number, but as luck would have it, it was in a town further out than the phone book covered. Alas, after LOTS of honks and more than a little sweat on my brow, we made it. The fun the kids had made it all worth while. And I made it home with NO WRONG TURNS!!
Ruby the slide hog!

Barney? Is that you?

Max, over the rainbow!


That's his, "hello, ladies!" smile. He's going to be trouble this one!

1 comment:

Jared Nelson said...

Ahhh, those rosy cheeks. He could win "cutest baby" contests coast to coast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...