Monday, September 15, 2008

Korny Kids

As summer winds down here in Massachusetts, there's at least one thing that we'll all be missing-- corn on the cob!  Both Ruby and Max are corn eating machines and can't get enough of it!  I'm pretty sure Max has eaten two WHOLE ears on his own at some meals... We're pretty sure he's going to be a big guy!  

Last Saturday we spent the day trolling for deals at garage sales and saw several football teams practicing.  When I saw all the dads glued to the fence I leaned over to Jared and said, "That's going to be you some day."  He replied with, "Aww, I was thinking I might be the one with the whistle around my neck!".  I must admit, I laughed.  Somehow the thought of my beanpole husband with bad knees who's never played competitive football tickled my funny bone.  I suppose stranger things have happened.

Speaking of strange... We finally got our Subaru back from the shop last Wednesday after about three weeks "repair time".  Then, yesterday morning on our way to church we got hit by another car on the highway!  So, our car is headed back to the shop to replace most of the driver's side this time.  Thankfully, no one was hurt--not even a bruise or a sore neck!  God is so good, but sometimes I just wonder if He isn't trying to tell us something here.  I'm just not sure what the message is.  Bring on the billboard, God, we still don't get it!  For now, I just know that I'm so thankful for my korny kids and kornier hubby!  

2 comments:

Tim said...

My dear Niece, this post reminds me of a little girl who used to ask Grandma for "powder" on her tomatoes.

I'm glad you're all well and have hopefully had time to recover from the excitement Sunday. I'm sorry you had to go through that but thankful you're all okay.

It was good to talk with you. Greet everyone there from us in AZ. We love you.

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying the pictures of our Great Grandchildren. Max has a new haircut that makes him look older and more handsome, if that is possible. Sorry about your accident. I need to copy your recipe of soup down. Sounds good. Love you Much, Grandma.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...