Monday, September 22, 2008

Friday Footsteps

It's been a wild and crazy couple of days filled to the brim with good times.  Today, though, I wanted to talk about what I get to do on Fridays this fall!  

About a week ago I got an email from someone at church urgently seeking another leader for their Friday Footsteps program.  Friday Footsteps, as it turns out, is NSCBC's outreach to elementary aged kids (K-5).  Jared and I talked it over and decided that we'd go for it.  He'd commit to being done with work a little early on Fridays to spend time with the kids, and I would commit to being a leader.  Way back when we lived in Idaho we were both AWANA leaders and absolutely loved it, so I'm excited I'll have a chance to interact with some kids on a weekly basis and hopefully develop a relationship with them.  

We'll be meeting each Friday evening for a couple of hours to play games, sing songs, make zany crafts, and hopefully grow closer to God along the way.  The curriculum, DiscipleLand, looks like it's chock full of great ideas to teach my NINETEEN (gasp!) second graders all about the fruit of the Spirit.  I'm a bit nervous about the size of the class, but I trust that God will just give me the right words to say and the opportunity to get to know each of the kids throughout the semester.

Pray for all of us that we'll be a blessing and be blessed in the process!

3 comments:

AllisonTheeonn said...

I have to say, I love reading your blog! I like hearing how you are doing! Mine is just of little adventures I take. I hope all is well with you as well!

SRM said...

I was just picking out books from the library and passed over 'Artemus Fowl". Please let me know if you liked it.

Tim said...

I'm assuming those little green footprints belong to Master Max. 19 2nd graders is better than 19 2 yr olds. Best wishes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...