Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Uh-oh!

Well, it's official, Maxwell has his first scar!

I got a phone call yesterday around 11:30 that Maxwell had fallen on the school playground and cut his head. My initial reaction was, "Oh, well, these things happen!" and said I'd get there as soon I could, thinking that school was about to let out at noon anyway. The director then told me I better get down there quickly as the cut was very deep and would need stitches. Gulp.

After a quick call to Jared, I got Cornelia up from her nap and raced out the door. Max was SUCH a trooper and wasn't even crying by the time Jared got to him. We met at the ER where we waited around with tummies growling for Max to get fixed up. Seven stitches later he was ready to roll. The doctor and nurses were all so impressed with how well he did and we were very proud of our brave boy.

Maxwell's mantra for the last few months has been one of his memory verses from Sunday School, "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid!"

Thank you, Jesus, for protecting Maxwell yesterday and for giving him courage. Thanks, too, for giving Mommy and Daddy peace. We needed and felt it! Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...