Monday, April 6, 2009

Pisgah National Forest

Last week, as I mentioned, we had a lot of nice days (yea spring!!). So, I spent a few of them out in the woods with the kids. Here are some photos from our Tuesday trip...

Our first stop of the morning was the ranger station to pick up a map. We ended up taking the nature trail right behind the station, which is a loop ~0.7mi. Max got very excited when he spotted this hollowed out tree. I think it was actually still alive! He crawled in there and I just had to snap a picture!

One of the scarier parts of the trail (for me) was going over this suspension bridge. I was just praying that no one would slip through the wires. We were definitely swinging around some.... eeks!

The kids, however, were not frightened in the least and just snacked their way across the bridge!

My good little hikers.

We also went up to Looking Glass Falls and Sliding Rock. You can see the railing on the left hand side of the photo where people line up to slide down the falls during warmer weather. The pool at the bottom is 8 feet deep and they do have lifeguards during the summer. Even so, it looks pretty wild to me!

Coming up next... photos from the fish hatchery!

2 comments:

AllisonTheeonn said...

You live in a beautiful area!! You are going to have SO much fun!

Unknown said...

That waterfall slide looks like a TON of fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...