Friday, April 3, 2009

Down By the River

Last Sunday I had a wonderful afternoon with Ruby down by the French Broad River.  Jared stayed home with Max planning the week's menu (what a great hubby!) while we just kicked back.  Here are a few photos I took that afternoon.

The water was a good 18" higher than it had been a few weeks ago at Sycamore Flats.  From the photo, you'd think that it was July, but actually it was pretty brisk out.  Several families commented that Ruby must be freezing, but according to her the water was just fine!

I think the red skin tells a different story though!

My first attempt at French braiding Ruby's hair was a bit of a mess (no thanks to her little trim last week!), but it still stayed out of her face for the most part.

My girl.

I think it's going to be a great spring and summer!

1 comment:

Lesa said...

Love the pictures...she is so cute! French braiding will come, its a learned art!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...