Friday, April 10, 2009

Before and After

Well, it turns out the whole haircut thing wasn't a one time occurrence.  A few days ago I found TWO piles of hair in different area of the house.  Ruby had her hair half up in pigtails (this picture sort of shows it) and she snipped the ends of the pigtails off.  

So, we headed down to the hair salon down the street for a professional trim.  The little chunks here and there were just a bit too much.  She's also forbidden to touch scissors, but I suppose that's a given!

Anyhow, as we waited for our turn Ruby and Max spent some time getting to know the clientele while testing to see how much candy they could eat from the communal jar.  We met an older gentleman named, Maxie, and also saw three or four older ladies getting their hair colored.  Time to get the spring spruce up and rinse out all that gray!

Finally, it was Ruby's turn in the chair.  The first words out of her mouth: 

"I don't need any color today."  

Dead serious.

I suppose it goes without saying that there were quite a few chuckles!  The stylist asked how old she was and got to work snipping some layers in to sort of disguise the "kid kut".  

I'm not too crazy about the haircut, but I suppose it will grow out by next month and we'll just go to a bob.  Guess I won't get to practice that french braiding any time soon after all!

But, goodness, doesn't my girl have a beautiful smile when she wants to?!  Wow!  She's a show stopper.

1 comment:

Ann(i)e said...

My thanks go to Ruby for making me LOL at work. Everybody is wondering what's so funny in Anne's office. Your blog always brightens my day. LOVE YOU ALL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...