Monday, April 6, 2009

Fish Hatchery

Monday we went up to the fish hatchery inside Pisgah National Forest.  I let the kids load up on $2 worth of fish food and they had a great time feeding the fingerlings.  We also walked around the indoor exhibit briefly (we spent a lot of time there on a previous visit) and finally got to take the outdoor nature trail.  Here are a few shots from our adventure.

Feeding the fish!  They were jumping like crazy.  The second run was empty, so I'm not sure if they had just been released into the rivers or if they were all smooshed in one run. 

See what I mean!  They're packed in there!

Max showing me that he's just picked me a flower!  Dandelions are a precious bouquet for any Mommy... except from their husbands that is!

Ruby: "Mommy, there are bugs EVERYWHERE out here!  It's SO BUGGY!!"  Yes, this is payback for what I put my parents through!

Watching the creek run under the bridge.

Ruby enjoying the same pastime.

Finally!  A smile!  I can't tell you how many blank stares I captured BEFORE this shot!

This mountain overlooks the hatchery with lots of mini waterfalls coming down the cliff face.  I thought it looked pretty with the sun reflecting off the wet rock.

I'll be back tomorrow with Tasty Tuesday.  After that, I'll try to get everyone up to speed with our weekend.  I have a feeling y'all are going to get sick of waterfall pictures!

1 comment:

Lesa said...

oh these two punkins are so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...