Thursday, January 26, 2012

MLK Day Fun

We had a fun time on our school vacation day and did something we hadn't done in a long time... headed to the Bounce House in Hendersonville.  I don't think I have brought the kids here since Cornelia has been walking, so it was a pretty different experience this time.

Max enjoyed these giant trikes, as did some of the other older boys.  It made walking around a little bit scary at times as they speeded around the rather tight space!  He also occupied himself by chasing Ruby around screaming, "WOOO-BEEE, SWOW DOWN!"  He's not so crazy about her style of play-- running around like crazy from station to station.  I guess he's more of a savor the moment kind of guy!


Once Cornelia saw the big kids going down the big slide she was pretty sure that she needed to go down too.  The only problem was how to get her up.  So, I thought, "Oh well, I'll just carry her up.  All the other moms are doing it!".  That was a mistake!  I put my feet on that inflatable and it just collapsed!  There I was rolling around on the floor with poor Cornelia and all of these moms came rushing to our aid-- it was SO embarrassing!


After that little debacle I decided she was going to have to go it alone-- and she did!  The first couple of times Ruby "helped" her up, but after that she was all on her own and she was a champ about it.

All in all it was a fun time, even though I did humiliate (and bruise) myself!   Good thing these kids are so precious it's worth it.

1 comment:

Jared Nelson said...

LOL. Ah, wish I coulda been there . . . to comfort and support you, of course!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...