Friday, March 25, 2011

1986

Every family has their traditions and quirks. These four photos say a world about the Armstongs and Bollmans!

Grandma Armstrong loved to play the piano--especially if she could get someone to sing along! I was always a willing singer (haha!) and Heidi would chime in too on favorites like, "How Much is That Doggy in the Window?". Who knows what we were singing here-- looks like Aunt Lesa's getting close to dosing, while Mom is just lapping it up-- she always loved music however poorly it was performed! :)

I don't remember this photo at all, but I'm almost certain what Grandpa Armstrong is plugging his nose over! Grandma had a dressing table upstairs, I guess just for decoration (who knows!?). At the table there was a giant powder puff with rose-scented powder. From the looks of it Heidi and Alyssa are pretty well coated!


Grandma Bollman spent much of every day that we visited in the kitchen (don't we all!). She was always busy fixing us meals or snacks. I have never tasted a roll I loved more or a better orange julius--yum! As cousins, we liked to huddle up to the pass-through window-- you never knew what Grandma might pass your way!

Evenings with our Bollman family was filled with conversation, music, and memories. I loved to watch slides of my mom and her siblings as kids--exploring the natural world as we all have enjoyed so much. In this photo Uncle Keith is weaving one of his hilarious tales. Who knows if it was about a mischievous student or a memory from the past, but one thing is certain-- we laughed!

Thanks for the magical memories, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I love you!

1 comment:

AllisonTheeonn said...

Some of my favorite memories are watching those slides of our parents growing up. I loved that. I'm enjoying your Flashback Fridays! Love you1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...