Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Things that make me go "Hmmmm..."

As the weather warms, my children are spending more and more time out of doors. Don't get me wrong, I love it! I remember the days of my childhood and long days spent outdoors fondly. I even remember being so desperate to stay outside and play that I snuck out from my nap and went to play at a neighbor's house. I'm sure my mom was both horrified and a bit satisfied when I came home screaming after the neighbor boy had mashed my finger with a hammer!

The thing that's been hard, though, is knowing how long to wait before seeing what kind of trouble Ruby and Max have gotten themselves into. Here are just a few of the scenes I've been greeted with in the last week or two.
  • I came outside to see that they had smeared wet sand all over my Subaru! (No, it didn't get scratched up thankfully!)
  • I found Ruby on the deck a few days ago-- she had trapped Daisy (the cat) in her crate, stuffed it with toys and was pouring water into the crate. The poor thing was sitting in a lake!
  • They have poured Daisy's food into her water bowl--too many times to count.
  • I have picked up dozens of toys from bushes, in trees, the creek, etc.
  • I have run over several toys with the car.
  • I have found them filling water sprinklers with sand.
  • I have had filthy, naked children come screaming for me through the house on MANY occasions. Where are their clothes you might ask? Oh, they just had to take them off.
  • I have turned off the hose that had been running for 'who knows how long' countless times.
  • I attempted to solve the hose problem by setting a timer. Their solution for the pesky timer-- drown it in their water table.

These are the things that make me go, "hmmm..."

1 comment:

Jared said...

They sound like little devils!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...