Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our New Home

I finally got some photos off of the realtor's website yesterday to show you a bit of our new home in Pisgah Forest... enjoy!

This is the view of the house from the road. We are in a subdivision with a natural waterfall at the entrance! We also have a speedbunp right before our drive, which is great! The house is on an acre of land and has a creek in the front section. As you can see-- it's not exactly flat land, but pretty good for around here.

According to the current owners the landscaping is like living in a fairy garden. We have about 100 rhododendron plants and many more flowering bushes, etc. Jared is excited to build an outdoor kitchen off the back of the house here. We need to move the sidewalk anyway since there are some minor drainage issues by the sunroom.

This is one of my favorite rooms--the sun room! It's four season and even has a gas fire place in it! We'll be putting up some curtains or nice blinds so that it can be used as a guest room. Our realtor thought it would be a great place to drink coffee and do your quiet time in the morning too, which I totally agree with. (If I could get a great Starbucks drink in my kitchen that is!)

Our kitchen isn't totally modern, but not disturbingly outdated either (in our opinion!). Something we're thankful for. Eventually we'd love to do some updating, but it isn't critical. We also love all of the skylights and solar tubes in the house. It really brightens up the house a lot and also dampens the effects of the darker rainy days on my psyche!

This large family room was converted from a garage (there is a large 2+ car detached garage now) and is going to be a wonderful space for our family. There is also a living room with fireplace upstairs, so we have lots of great entertaining space. Off of this family room is an office--something I have loved from our rental and I'm so glad we don't have to give it up.
Not pictured are three bedrooms and two baths. PLUS, there's a bonus toilet in the laundry room! I know- it's weird! But, it is kind of nice in that the kids can just come in the sliding glass door into the laundry room for bathroom breaks. We'll have to keep it well stocked with Purell though, since there isn't a sink in there.
Well, I hope you enjoyed your first peak at our home. I'm sure it will look a lot less country a and lot more like us when you come to visit. And please, DO come to visit-- you won't regret it!

7 comments:

Lesa said...

Bethany, it looks wonderful and what a great location....so wonderful for an aunt and uncle to visit :)

Anonymous said...

Sure a lot of great posts! Even though I've seen the house, I love looking at the photos. We are so excited for your family. Moving's never fun, but when the house is "yours" the work of moving won't seem nearly so hard.

See you soon to help with that move. Bob & Kay

Unknown said...

WOW! It looks awesome! We would love to come visit sometime :) When do you get to move in?

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm not sure why, but it listed me under Scott's profile name instead of mine. So...that last comment was from Lauren P.! :)

Alyssa said...

I want to live there!!! What a beautiful house...I'm so jealous, but very happy for you guys! I love you all!

Unknown said...

Bethany! Wow. What a great place! Mat and I are so completely happy for you guys. I sent him a note yesterday about your blog update and it was all he could talk about when he got home. The location sounds so beautiful. Someday, we'd love to come visit, see you guys and all of the wonderful waterfalls and forests in your new little corner of the world.

Tim said...

We're very happy for you. Hope you're able to get the moving done quickly so you can start settling. What a terrific first home. We'll look forward to hearing more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...