Monday, March 2, 2009

Dinner at the Grove Park Inn

This past Saturday we took our first TWO trips to Asheville.  The first was for a "Spoil Mommy" shopping trip at the mall!  I got the cutest outfit and some great shoes (though I do have a few blisters today from them--I still love them!).  It was really a treat to pick out something that made me feel good and comfortable!

The kids were thrilled to pieces to discover that there was a play area at the mall.  Jared and I were relieved as well because it allowed me to shop in peace without worrying about hurrying.  I tend towards hurrying anyway and really needed a moment to myself without Max crawling under the changing room doors to visit Mommy (or someone else!).

The second outing, for dinner at the Grove Park Inn with everyone from Pharm Agra was amazing!  Three rooms full of wonderful, spoil yourself food.  I got to take Max on several walks (he was a bit bored!) and explored some of the hotel and enjoyed live music in front of a humongous fireplace.  I even managed to embarrass Max by dancing with him in public.  He was NOT impressed!  We also got to meet some of the people Jared works for and with and I'm happy to report it's a great group of folks from all over.  Many with little ones just like us.  

So far North Carolina is wonderful and getting better every day...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...