Friday, November 7, 2008

Peace

As I am sitting here frantically preparing for my Friday Footsteps lesson tonight, I'm struck again by God's great sense of humor. You see, our lesson tonight is on "Peace".

After a morning filled with running errands, swimming lessons, uneaten lunches (on the kids' part, not mine) and plenty of bickering, this lesson really hits home. I'm anything but calm and peaceful. My chest is tight, my back is sore, and I just need a moment of QUIET!!

I find time and time again, that it isn't the big decisions that worry me, it's just day to day life. Can I get the chores done without a screaming toddler hanging on my leg? Will I have time to do my CBS homework today? Are we going to be late? Why can't people in Massachusetts drive?!?

I'm reminded today that I must flee from this worry wart tendency! I mean could this be any clearer?!

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. (Psalm 37:8)

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (I Peter 5:7)

Now let's claim that peace!

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this post, Bethany. I needed it, too.

I don't have any toddlers hanging onto my legs these days, but I guess that just goes to show that there'll always be someone or something we perceive as keeping us from the peace that is ours to claim through God.

Momma K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...