Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pretty in Pink

About a month ago, Ruby had her first taste of nail polish. I know, I know... three years old and she's just now getting her nails painted!!! But, you have to understand. I'm not a primpy person. I don't have make-up. My hair is either down or in a ponytail. I use Sauve shampoo and (gasp!) I always go to one of those el cheapo places to get my hair cut... about once a year. So, you could say I'm not that into fashion. Anyway, I had received a gift card for my birthday from Anne Schmidt suggesting I might use it for a pedicure. I nearly swooned at the thought, but decided instead to buy a sewing machine and some fancy lotion and polish to do my own at home.

When Ruby saw my pink toes she just had to try that out! So, we painted her nails and toes and then my fingernails.

Since then, Ruby has received her very own polish from our next door neighbor, Vera, and gave herself her own manicure yesterday!! I was so impressed. She said, "Mama, I'm really good at painting. I'm gonna just do it myself." I was leery, but she really knows her stuff and they look sparkly and pretty as a picture.

Who knew I could have such a girly little girl!?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...