Tuesday, June 3, 2008

S'mores with Oats

I know I just complained last week about my "ripe pear" physique. Recipes like the one below are to blame for my condition. That, and I really could use some self-control! I got this recipe from my mother-in-law who just loves to send these waistline thickening beauties my way. (Thanks, Kay!)



S'mores with Oats


1 c. oats
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. chocolate chips (I like semi-sweet)
2 c. mini marshmallows



1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Combine oats to butter. Press into an 8"x8" pan.

3. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.

4. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and marshmallows. Bake 10 minutes or until marshmallows are golden.

5. Cool pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars and devour!


p.s. These are just too good to be true. If you have a family of any size, double the recipe and make it in a 9"x13" pan!

1 comment:

Laural Out Loud said...

These sound amazing! I just put all the ingredients that I don't have on my shopping list, and I'll be making them this weekend. My husband and daughter will be thanking me, my hips, not so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...