Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day!

I am so thankful to be a mom. And I'm so thankful for a hubby that works so hard and supports us so that I'm able to stay home with our kiddos.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This life was not my plan, but thank God it was HIS! He knew exactly what I needed and was made for and here I am!

Mother's Day weekend was filled with activities and fun-- just the way I like it! We spent Saturday around the house: cleaning the Subaru in preparation of selling it and planting lots of flowers in my flower boxes and pots. Between the new flowers and all of the blooming irises. dogwoods, and azaleas things are looking pretty great around here!

Sunday, Jared and the kids had a fun day planned. We started the day at church where we heard about a recent missions trip to Haiti and an encouraging Mother's Day sermon.

Next, we went out to a delicious brunch at a local restaurant. I was so proud of the kiddos for being on their best behavior and even eating their food! It's a Mother's Day miracle--we were able to eat somewhere other than McDonalds without a bit of complaining!!

The remainder of the day was spent at Chimney Rock Park. We had hoped to hike to Hickory Nut Falls, but everyone was a little too tired for much of a hike so we took it easy and just went up to the Chimney Rock lookout over Lake Lure and the the surrounding hills (they even have an elevator to get most of the way up!). It was the perfect day. Breezy, in the upper 60s and clear, blue skies.

As you could see in the first two photos... it looks like the newest Nutty Nelson should be making his or her debut sometime soon. We still have 3 1/2 weeks left 'til my induction date, but maybe I'll be surprised with a baby who comes early for once!

I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband who makes every day so special and my two and a half happy and healthy kiddos. Truly, God has blessed us greatly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pregnant picture. I really want to meet your kids and new baby someday soon. I miss you. Your faith in Christ encourages me to not lose hope. Love you!
Rachel

Unknown said...

You guys look great! Love the bump picture! What a terrific Mother's Day. Can't wait to see you when you're here this summer!

Love,
Leah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...