Monday, March 29, 2010

Shop 'Til I Drop and Other Thrilling Things

We had an action packed weekend-- the kind that makes Monday morning a bit difficult--but it was great too! As we close in on 30 weeks into this pregnancy, the old nesting clock is ticking pretty loudly. There are things that need to be done! And they must be done NOW! Here's a snapshot of our weekend--unfortunately without pics since our camera was busy charging.

Saturday...
7:30am Kids are up and so is Daddy! (I got to sleep in a bit after a "wild" night out with the girls.) Time to hit the ground running with a bit of garage sale-ing!
9:00am Mommy is up, dressed, has laundry purring along, and has decided that a freezer inventory is necessary NOW! When finished, I had a two page typed inventory and I was THRILLED! Just ask Jared. I also had a menu, shopping list, and schedule for next week done. Whew!
11:30am Time for the Easter Egg Hunt at the VFW! The kids came home with tons of candy--and it was the good stuff (Dove chocolate!! Guess who's eating that!?), three stuffed animals they had won, and tons of giveaways from the police department. Top it all of with the fact that we fed the whole family on less than $8 and I think we can call it a sucessful morning!
1:30pm Back home and Jared decided to hang the hammock and tackle the yard again. The afternoon was spent blowing, trimming, raking, and burning (and I am SO thankful!). Meanwhile, I made a trip to the grocery store and later that evening cooked some delicious steaks and baked taters on the grill.
8:30pm Mommy and the kids hit the sack. What happened in Daddy's neck of the woods is anyone's guess!

Sunday we woke up to rain, rain, and more rain. For whatever reason, I decided that I really ought to wear a dress to church. It wasn't the best idea I've ever had, but Sunday School and the service were wonderful anyway. We're starting an inductive study of Luke which I'm really stoked about since I'm also studying Acts in ladies Bible study. Should be a great companion study.

After church we buzzed up to Asheville. Jared and the kids bummed around at Fun Depot (a big indoor family fun place with batting cages, video games, mini golf, soft play, laser tag, bumper cars, a rock wall, and even bowling), while I hit the mall. After two hours of speed shopping we all had something new for Easter and the kids (and Daddy) were tuckered out.

We topped off the evening with our family tradition-- AFV and popcorn. What a weekend! I can't wait for the week ahead. After today we're sailing into the 70s-- hip hip hurray!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...