Monday, March 22, 2010

5 Reasons I'm Thankful

In the flurry of nesting, spring cleaning, and life in these crazy mountains, I decided that I needed to take a minute today to be thankful. I am blessed beyond measure... here are five wonderful reasons why.

I get to be married to this guy! I know, you're jealous ladies, but step back, this guy is mine! Jared makes me laugh every day. He's the best dad I've ever known. He's an amazing and considerate husband who puts my needs ahead of his on a daily basis. I love you, honey!


My baby girl, Ruby, isn't a baby anymore. She's a speed demon on her bicycle, a computer whiz, and a real sweetheart. We're so proud of how Ruby is growing up-- there has been a lot of letting go in little ways over the last few months and it's been good. Ruby has really been learning a lot over the last few months and is writing better every day. She'll be reading before we know it! Her favorite find of the spring has been the "Ramona" series by Beverly Cleary.


Talk about not a baby--Max is almost as tall as Ruby now and wearing a size 4T! He's still a sweet boy, but has learned how to stand up to his big sister now... before long Ruby better start watching out or he'll squash her! Max has loved riding his big wheel this spring and is always up for a hike. He's most anxious to start preschool in the fall though--looks like he may even get to be in the same class as one of his buddies from church!


When's that BABY due? Yes, I'm thankful for this new bean. He or she is an active little bugger at times and very quiet at others-- a mix of big brother and sister so far! With eleven weeks left to go, I'm feeling big (this photo was taken at my last dr's appointment last Wednesday by Ruby), but I have a good amount of energy and am thankful that once we got past the rocky 1st trimester, this pregnancy has been pretty easy.

Finally, I'm thankful that I don't look nearly so pregnant everywhere else as my belly does!

God is good all the time. I'm so thankful for Him in my life.

3 comments:

SRM said...

Congratulations on the next Nelson.
I just got home and was feeling a little down. Your blog entry was a day brightener.

Jared said...

I love you too, dah-lin'!!! Thanks for joining the blogosphere again.

Anonymous said...

We have missed your entertaining blog! So nice to see a new Nelson will be joining you soon.

Connie & Dan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...