Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Crunchy Romaine Toss

This salad is simple and delicious! We have had SOOO much lettuce from our CSA (community supported agriculture) garden that I've been making lots of salads. This one has been a repeater and that's saying something at my house!

In my opinion it needs less than half the dressing, so make less or else whiz up the whole batch to use on a several salads...

Crunchy Romaine Toss

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. cider vinegar
2 tsp. soy sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
1 (3oz) pkg. ramen noodles, broken
2 T. butter
1 1/2 c. chopped broccoli
1 small head romaine lettuce, torn
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
  1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Shake well.
  2. Discard seasoning packet from noodles or save for another use. Ina skillet, saute noodles in butter until golden.
  3. In a large bowl, combine noodles, broccoli, romaine and onions. Just before serving toss with dressing and walnuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks so good I think I will make it tonight.
I love reading your blog! I miss you!

Rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...