Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bear with me...

Y'all... ( I can say that now since we in live the South) this has been QUITE a morning!

The good news is that we are getting a new refrigerator and range. The bad news is we are getting a new refrigerator and range. Murphy's Law has been hard at work around our house. Since we've moved in we have had to replace the garbage disposal (covered by our home warranty), the heating element in the oven (also covered by aforementioned warranty), our laptop has required a new motherboard, memory, and keyboard (still covered under its warranty!), our new TV needs to be repaired (supposedly covered by its warranty), and now sometime yesterday our fridge died (NOT covered under our home warranty). Now, I really should have caught on to the fact that the fridge was getting warmer yesterday, but with the noise level in our house and the general heat and humidity, I just thought, "Hmm, I guess that temperature knob got bumped again." I'm here to tell you--it didn't.

In the whole "isn't life funny" kind of way things work, Jared also replaced our kitchen sink last night. It's a beautiful sink that I'm sure we are going to enjoy, unfortunately he realized at about 10pm last night that he was going to need some adapters to get water actually flowing. Imagine my panic this morning when I realized I had a whole fridge full of rotting food and no sink to wash things up! I would like to say that I was cool as a cucumber, but everyone would know I was lying, so why bother.

So, at 8am this morning Jared, the kiddos, and I were rolling into Lowe's. We decided to go ahead a just replace the range at the same time as the fridge so they'll match and plunked down our $2K+ all before 9am. That's tough to do before breakfast. My super hubby also fixed the sink so I was able to wash and rinse and dispose of OODLES of stuff. Now my fridge is empty and my garage freezer, trash barrels, and compost pile are stuffed. But the job is done and tomorrow I'll have a beautiful new fridge and range--yea!!

All that said, forgive me if there's no Tasty Tuesday. The only thing I'm going to be "cooking" today are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... and I'm pretty sure you already have that recipe.

3 comments:

Scott Prather said...

Wow. That is a lot of home repair and redecoration! The upside is that your kitchen is on its way to awesomeness. Also, be thankful for home warranties that saved you some money. At least you have a brilliant hubby who can do so much of the work himself!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the water flowing again!

You forgot to mention re-doing the popcorn ceiling, putting in a new bathroom faucet, completing the stone paver walkway . . . and the beat goes on. At least those things were "optional" though.

I'm really proud of all your hard work. Ain't home ownership grand!?! Momma K

Tim said...

Home ownership means never a dull moment. Glad you were able to get things up and running. One bright spot, you get things the YOU want them. Love you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...