Thursday, April 24, 2008

Almost Three and Lovin' It!

Ruby Rae is a girl with spunk. She's got lots of opinions and wears her feelings on her sleeve. In just over a week she'll be three and as her vocabulary expands at a rate much faster than her common sense, conversations like this one are becoming a regular occurrence!

R: Mommy, is my brudder in there? (poking at my not so flat tummy)
B: Um, NO, thank you very much. That's my tummy in there.
R: Well, is he in there? (Poking at other bumps and bulges I'd rather not have!)
B: No, honey. Did you want a new baby brother or sister?
R: Yeah.
R: Mommy? Do you remember when you swallowed me up and I was in your tummy?
B: Well, not--
R: Mommy did that. Not Daddy. It was Mommy.

And then she was off. We'll save a conversation about the birds and the bees for another day!

p.s. For all those inquiring minds out there... we AREN'T considering number three ANY time soon... if ever. We'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bethany,
I am laughing out loud! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Bethany,
I am laughing out loud! Miss you!

Aunt Lesa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...